In today's entrepreneurial landscape, selling sportswear out of a car's trunk to becoming a seasoned entrepreneur in digital marketing and coaching was quite a journey for Darrel Evans, a successful entrepreneur who has been in the business world for over three decades.
This enlightening conversation with Darrell on The Builders Podcast with Matt Levenhagen takes us through his inspiring entrepreneurial journey. From his humble beginnings to his present-day triumphs, we get a glimpse into the strategies and mindset that have paved his way to success. Darrell shares invaluable insights on effective email marketing, impactful content creation, and the significance of engaging in meaningful customer conversations.
In content creation, Darrel provides a novel approach. He advises entrepreneurs to answer customer questions to generate engaging content quickly. He stresses the importance of being a helpful resource, providing solutions to potential clients even when they aren't ready to purchase. This strategy builds trust and authority and sets you apart as a thought leader in your industry.
Writing is also integral to content creation, and Darrell emphasizes the need for a conversational tone in your narratives. Integrating personal experiences and opinions into your writing can enhance your connection with your audience and make your content more relatable. This personal touch can significantly enhance your marketing efforts, inspiring your audience and guiding them toward your products or services.
As their discussion ends, Darrell takes his listeners through his unique approach to leveraging process and coaching in business. It's not just about knowing your business's 'what'; understanding the 'how' is crucial to success. Darrell shares that it's more about leading clients through their business processes, providing them a fresh perspective, and helping them navigate potential hurdles.
Whether you're embarking on your entrepreneurial journey or looking to refine your marketing tactics, this discussion will surely inspire and guide you and your business to success.
0:02:35 - Entrepreneurial Journey
0:05:24 - Opportunity and Selling Popular Products
0:11:38 - The Value of Consistent Communication
0:17:21 - Longevity in the Internet Space
0:21:29 - Ranking on Google
0:27:41 - Sharing Secrets and Helping Others
0:43:55 - Opinions on Economic Status and Perspectives
- It is important to engage in a dialogue with customers and be responsive to their needs.
- The value of understanding the 'how' of your business rather than just the 'what.'
- Writing in a conversational tone and integrating personal experiences into your content can enhance your connection with your audience.
- The importance of staying relevant and providing value to customers even when they aren't ready to buy.
- The power of answering customer questions and leveraging them for content creation.
- "It's better that you give them the answer before your competitor does. And the issue is is, if you give them an answer to all their questions, when it does come time for them to buy, you're going to be the authority and there won't be a competitor."
- "The fastest, easiest way to come up with content is to sit down and write down the top 10 to 20 frequently asked questions that your customers ask you as they're inquiring about your product or service."
- "Help enough other people get what they want and you'll ultimately get everything that you want. It doesn't mean help enough people get what they want after they pay you and then you'll get everything you want."
Are you ready to take your business to the next level?